Wednesday, June 3, 2015

STORYTIME

My typical StoryTime outline looks something like this:
10:00-10:15: All the kids meet in the children's room and we read books. We sometimes do fun games with story stones and I have the kids tell me a story, but all of my StoryTimes are very themed driven. I love having themes and the kids love it, too.
10:15-10:45: We have "crafts" to go along with the theme. I hate calling them crafts, because they are more than that, but I can't think of a better word. You'll see what I mean in the pictures.
10:45-11:00: We always, always have snacks after StoryTime. To some, this is taboo with food allergies and liability. We are allowed to serve food items in our library and to help with food allergies, all of my StoryTime sessions are registered and I ask for allergy information then. I have only had one little with food allergies and just made something different for him. I love serving snacks. Most of the time, I make what we have. I have always loved to bake and cook, so this is a great way for me to tie that love in.

These pictures are from one of my most popular StoryTime sessions, ART!










 Rainbow colored/flavored sparkling water
 Each child got to paint on their own canvas with several different forms of media.
 This was the backdrop for the snack table.
 Rice Crispy Treat "Paintbrushes"
 Rainbow fruit platter.


Snack table











Little Picasso's at work. I purchased the berets through Oriental Trading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog